LIST OF MATERIALS WE USE:
For additional requests on other materials call us at
Stainless Steel Machining Services
Here at Max Machine Inc., we are proud to consider ourselves a stainless-steel machine shop. Stainless-steel is widely sought after for custom machined components, across a variety of industries, but can be challenging to machine without the right tooling. There is no shortage of stainless-steel alloys to choose from, and most applications can greatly benefit from the use of stainless-steel. Stainless-steels in the 300 and 400 series are among the most commonly used alloys, offering a wide variety of mechanical and chemical properties. We’ve listed just a few of the benefits to choosing to use machined stainless-steel:
- Magnetic and non-magnetic alloys – The ability to choose whether your part is magnetic can provide peace of mind that your part will work in harmony with other components.
- Heat treating – While many alloys respond well to heat treating operations, improving the hardness of a machined component, some stainless-steel alloys can be treated before machining operations, removing the need to undergo a heat treat operation following manufacturing. This provides the desired hardness, without losing the quality appearance of a machined surface finish.
- Various alloys are resistant to rust, corrosion and other chemical reactions, making them ideal for applications where components are exposed to chemical substances or harsh environments.
Aluminum Machining Services
As one of the most commonly machined materials, Aluminum alloys are used in the production of custom machined products among virtually all industries. Machining aluminum alloys is a relatively easy task, as opposed to many other metals, due to aluminum’s high machinability rating. This in turn helps to increase the life of tooling which can help lower the cost of manufacturing. While each alloy has unique properties that make them ideal for various applications, below are some of the general benefits to choosing to manufacture your product out of Aluminum:
- Lightweight – Components made out aluminum tend to be much lighter than other materials, making aluminum ideal for aerospace and similar applications where weight is critical.
- High Conductivity – Good for electrical and thermal applications.
- Numerous Alloys – A wide selection of alloys, each with their own emphasis on mechanical and chemical properties, well suited for many different applications.
- Cost effective – Aluminum tends to be more cost effective than many other metals and is often more readily available.